Nelson & District Chamber of Commerce Employment Opportunity
Job Title: Chamber of Commerce Membership — Visitor Centre Administration
Position Type: Year-Round Position, 4-5days per week
Reporting to: VC Manager-Chamber Executive Director
Chamber of Commerce Membership and Visitor Centre Office Administration
The role of the Chamber Membership-Visitor Centre Administration is to be the initial contact for the Chamber membership, and public whether in person or via telephone and to support the operation of the Visitor Information Centre as required by the Visitor Centre Manager.
To fulfill this role the following qualifications are required:
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills both in person and via phone.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and database management, social media, internet, and email programs
- Strong local knowledge of businesses, services, amenities, activities and other general community and regional knowledge is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer-facing position, ideally in a member-based organization.
- Detail and deadline oriented. Proven ability to efficiently manage a busy, varied work environment.
- The ability to work with existing staff and become a trusted team player.
- Must be self-motivated and complete work with limited supervision.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- While this position has specific responsibilities and deliverable outcomes, ALL employee roles within the Chamber team must have a general awareness of all aspects of the Chamber/VC and be willing and able to support their colleagues accordingly. Being flexible, open to learning new skills and adapting to change when presented is a critical skillset to possess for this role.
- Take direction from the Visitor Centre Manager and the Executive Director
- Key point of contact and champion for Chamber members as the go-to for resources and support programs.
- Maintain effective membership data base and membership programs.
- Front-line business and visitor service duties-answer telephones and direct calls
- Promote the community, region, and province by offering multiple activities options that enhance and extend visitor stays or encourage return visits.
- Collect and maintain accurate statistical reports.
- Organize displays and brochure racks and ensure sufficient stock is available.
- Determine the needs of the traveling public and organize and update in-house brochures as required.
- Assist with retail and inventory control of Chamber-Visitor Centre retail and VC product as required.
- Handle and record all cash drawer transactions as required.
- Invoice for room rentals/rentals/memberships/racking fees as required.
- Assist in producing and preparing mailouts.
- Provide support for general Chamber projects and events.
- Assist in other general cleaning duties
Details & timing:
- Competition for this role will be on-going until we find our ideal candidate. However, the position is available for an immediate start.
- The Chamber offers a competitive wage reflective of this position and experience.
We are excited to hear from you.
Please email resumes or drop off in person to:
The Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce-VC
91 Baker Street, Nelson, BC
Attention: Val Yowek, Visitor Centre Manager