WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO
It has indeed been a tough couple of years for everyone. Businesses of all sorts included.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce, its volunteer board of leaders from a variety of economic sectors, and all of our partners, have been here to learn, inform and advocate on your business’s behalf, lobbying all levels of government for support initiatives.
We commend the business community for its resilience through these challenging times.
Since March 2020, the Chamber has connected with over 300 businesses, through face to face visits, phone calls and surveys — all aimed at garnering a comprehensive understanding of the challenges posed by COVID-19, and how we can help you address those challenges.
The Chamber’s efforts have helped inform locals on over 30 federal, provincial and regional grant and loan programs, and help them address COVID trends including wage challenges, decreased profitability, debt load, rent/mortgage assistance, labour shortage solutions and vaccine card/mask protocols.
We’ve also launched numerous Shop Local campaigns and Wildfire/Natural Disaster Preparedness awareness programs.
Some Chamber initiatives during these challenging times have included:
- Buy Local / Think Local First Campaigns
- Collaborating with regional partners to create and distribute ‘Open for Business’ signage & posters
- Wearing is Caring/Shot In The Arm awareness campaigns
- Business Recovery Assistance Program and Surveys
- Vaccine Passport Business and Customer awareness program
- Wildfire Business Preparedness awareness campaign
- Labour Recruiting/Staffing/Training programs
- E-commerce Connectivity
- Takeout / patio dining campaign
Have questions or want to get in touch to see how we can help your business through these difficult times? Reach out!