When you choose to buy from a local business you are helping to support our community, create jobs and enhance prosperity by circulating dollars between businesses and residents. Find a comprehensive list of local businesses in our business directory.
Ways to Support Local
- When you shop local you can get something unique you won’t find anywhere else.
- Show pride in the place you live and help protect the businesses that make our town unique.
- Local businesses contribute money and volunteer time to our local non-profits and sports teams.
- Sustain more job, help fund local services, and encourage neighbourhood improvement.
- Get an expert opinion about the products that you’re purchasing.
- For every $100 spend with a local business, $63 is re-circulated back into our local economy.
- Locally made products reduce your environmental impact with less packaging and transportating.
Read on to hear directly from local businesses on why they want you to #thinklocalfirst.
- Become a Chamber member to get a listing in our Business Directory
- Upload your gift cards to Support Local BC
- Share your photos by tagging @discovernelson, #discovernelson, and #nelsonbc
- Share your stories of resilience during COVID
- Find COVID-19 Resources
- For more information, email email@example.com