Nelson and area with a population of 18,000 is one of the most enchanting and extraordinary cities in British Columbia. This mountain paradise tucked into the lush Selkirk Mountains and situated on Kootenay Lake is the number one small arts community in Canada and one of the top recreation destinations in the province.
Why Nelson and Area for business;
- A vibrant and diverse business community
- One of the highest business licenses per capita in BC
- A strong credible Chamber of Commerce advocating for your business interests
- Numerous business networking and support services
- Growth sectors include construction, technology, manufacturing, tourism, arts and culture, education, health and wellness, and recreation
- A highly educated and skilled workforce
- Access to major transportation routes by road, rail and airport
- Proximity to markets on the west coast, Alberta and the USA.
Why Nelson and Area for Lifestyle;
- All season recreation destination including mountain biking, hiking, golfing, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, back country skiing, and downhill skiing
- Two Selkirk College Campuses, Kootenay School of the Arts, Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences, UBC West Kootenay Rural Teaching Program
- Amenities include an 18 hole golf course, a full service community recreation centre, skating arena, curling rink, indoor and outdoor skate parks, yoga and dance studios, community theatre, technology club, Whitewater Winter Resort, Baldface Lodge and other cat ski operations
- Charm and stunning scenery amidst over 350 designated Heritage buildings and 50 specialty shops and boutiques
- Diverse cross section of cultural and arts opportunities and venues including the historic Capitol Theatre for local and touring theatre and music artists.
- Live entertainment venues hosting first rate performances combined with more restaurants per capita than San Francisco creating big city nightlife and food and beverage opportunities in a funky, authentic mountain-town setting
Discover the advantages of doing business in Nelson.