The Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce is working closely with Emergency Operations and the Public Health Office to get a full understanding of the COVID 19 Virus, and essential business operations. Our team is working closely with our Economic Development Partners at Community Futures Central Kootenay and Nelson and Kootenay Lake Tourism, the City of Nelson and the RDCK, as well as Provincial and Federal agencies, Kootenay Rockies and Destination BC
The Chamber is working daily on your behalf being a conduit of information to the business community and to some degree the community at large. Please feel free to reach out to our team to discuss your business needs by emailing email@example.com or calling us to book a virtual appointment at 250-352 3433
We will continue to monitor the situation but encourage business owners and our greater community to stay informed and use clear, accurate and up-to-date information from official resources only. The BC government does daily media updates everyday at 3 pm (T-F), which are streamed live by major media. These are linked below.
Nelson and area businesses are resilient, and we will all rally together during this time. There are many ways we can do this, including:
- Buying gift certificates from your favorite restaurant, shop, barber, etc. This an easy way to help businesses financially now, while saving for the future.
- Purchase online from the many businesses offering online sales
- Inquire about delivery options from business or through a local courier.
- Buy goods such as food, cleaning supplies, and pharmacy items from a local manufacturer or supplier.
- Reach out to the local business directly and see if they have any innovative ways to provide their products or services.
We also owe a debt of gratitude to the first responders, health care providers, grocery and retail store workers, transportation workers, public safety officials, and everyone working around the clock to keep our region, province and our country running. They are doing an amazing job in incredibly trying times.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and staff, thank you for all you’re doing.