You like to travel in style. You want a seamless, enjoyable luxury vacation where you can relax and take in something new. You care about quality; the best of the best. You want an expert that will work around your busy schedule and provide you with travel options that you can trust.
iLand Luxury Travel is an affiliate of Travel Experts, a Virtuoso Agency. Our managing partner is fully Virtuoso accredited and has achieved the Certified Travel Industry Executive qualifications with the Travel Institute. She was also named in the Top 25 Agents of 2014. We are a luxury travel agency providing our clients with the best of the best, from the first phone call to your agent until you arrive back home from your journey. We believe that you deserve the best, and provide that to you in the following ways:
- Worldwide Relationships – We have established worldwide connections with the best of the best in the luxury travel market. From our hotel connections, airfare providers and tour operators, we ensure that every booking is placed with a reputable and vetted operator. Your satisfaction is our primary objective and we only recommend itineraries that will be both enjoyable and safe.
- Convenience – We’re available outside of normal business hours, at the convenience of our clients. You don’t have to come to an office. We meet you in our virtual office. We work around your schedule, saving you time and effort while making your travel planning as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
- Exclusive Access at Venues – Through our relationships we are able to get you ahead of the line and into places generally closed off to the public. By using us, you will never have to stand in long lines for tickets; we ensure that your private guide picks them up ahead of time and takes you in. For example, exclusive access to side entrance to the Vatican, or access to private sections of the Strahov Monastery in Prague, just to name a few.
- Value – You work hard for your money; you deserve to get the best value out of every dollar you spend. By leveraging our connections, we are able to secure exclusive complimentary amenities, such as meals, resort credits and VIP access/perks. Every aspect of your trip is thoroughly reviewed to ensure that you are getting the best of the best for your dollar. This can even include an airport butler! and other services you didn’t even know existed in order to make your journey seamless.
- Trusted Expert Agents – We take pride in working with agents who are highly skilled, knowledgeable and genuinely care about providing you with an excellent luxury travel experience. Their years of experience, destination training and customer service skills enable us to provide you with the right advice and recommendations for any destination.
We look forward to getting to know you! To start planning your dream vacation, click here.
Whether you are building a new home, doing an addition or re-roofing your home, our dedicated team works efficiently to get your project done accurately the first time. Edge Roofing LTD uses only the highest quality of materials and employees experienced tradesmen to ensure quality work.
In 2006 Edge Roofing Ltd was established and since starting we have done many projects ranging from garden sheds, custom homes to historic commercial buildings.
Based in Nelson BC, Edge Roofing LTD is managed and run by Dan and Breanne Gaudreau. As an owner, Dan works closely with building contractors and home owners to guarantee the highest quality of workmanship.
Telus features amazing service and world-class networks. Our service include Telus PureFibre; 100% fibre optic internet network – bringing you the fastest and most reliable internet technology, mobility, Pik TV and Optic TV, SmartHome Security, the LivingWell Companion, and the Babylon Health app. Our company embraces a social purpose philosophy, and works hard to ensure equal access to technology, promote responsible use, and put our technology to work for good. Seven percent of our pre-tax profits were given back to community organizations in 2018!
PAIGE LENNOX RN, BSN
Patient Advocate/ Healthcare Navigator
The healthcare system is overstretched and truth be told sometimes people fall through the cracks.
Everyone has heard stories of people who get lost in the system.
Have you ever wondered… is there a way to stop this from happening?
That is why CHAI exists.
CHAI stands for Canadian Health Advocates Inc. and represents a national network of Health Advocates.
Health Advocates – also known as Patient Advocates- navigate the healthcare system with patients and caregivers so that people don’t fall through the cracks.
CHAI Advocates are professionals with extensive nursing, paramedicine, social work or medical backgrounds.
Our Advocates have deep experience and expertise in the Canadian healthcare system, so we know and understand its intricate workings.
We know what questions to ask and whom to ask. As a result, we are uniquely positioned to help people navigate an often confusing system.
Every patient deserves to receive the best possible care.
My passion for Advocacy is a direct result of professional and personal experience.
For 25 years I witnessed how patient care is affected by stretched resources and overworked healthcare professionals. I should know. I was one of them.
When my own mother was diagnosed with a terminal illness everything became more obvious. As a result of that experience I realized thousands of canadians experience this every day… and who is there to help them?
Again, this is why CHAI exists.
So specifically how do we help?
It breaks down into practical support, emotional support and empowerment.
Here are a few examples:
- Attending doctors appointments
- Coaching about your current condition, medical jargon, Advance Care Planning
- Support with complicated paperwork- for example CPP Disability Forms
- Helping with Discharge Planning from hospital to home or residential care
Emotional Support can take the form of…
- Reducing patient & caregiver stress
- Making sure the patient is heard
CHAI helps Empower Patients & Caregivers
- For example: supporting patients to advocate for themselves
CHAI also supports your doctors in providing you great care.
Our overstretched healthcare system often leaves doctors short of time and resources.
Hospital capacity in Canada is 125%- that means there are 5 people for every 4 beds in the Canadian healthcare system. And the situation is only going to get worse.
Baby Boomers- the largest cohort in human history peaks in 5 years. So who knows how many people will be needing those 4 beds!
So having a Health Advocates in your corner could make all the difference.
We help individuals plan for their retirement, by setting goals, creating a vision, and planning for the future.
Your Retirement Path provides retirement transition workshops, seminars and personal coaching to individuals who are thinking of retiring in the next few years or for those who have already retired. We help individuals assess their readiness, set goals and plan for the future, prepare emotionally with family and relationships and navigate a smooth transition from the workforce to an ideal retirement.
Communications needs to have a human voice. It should have a plan and room for spontaneity. Everyone has a story to tell. Firelight Communications focuses on helping you tell your story with writing, communications and media relations planning and training for businesses, local governments, nonprofits, and anyone who wants their communications to have a human voice.
The Blindman.ca is a local West Kootenay company with an excellent reputation based on quality service and the satisfaction of many customers. We will work with you throughout the entire process to ensure that you are satisfied with the quality of our products and services. The Blindman is an expert in determining and helping customers needs when choosing window covering products. Design and colour choice experience. Dealer for Hunter Douglas Products, Shadeomatic, Altex , Wizard Screens, Artistic Awnings and Solace motorized sun control systems. All products to fit any budget. Commercial quotes also available.
What’s in the Vault? 17 beers on tap, happy hour, big screen TVs and lake view… life. No nonsense. Open everyday from 4pm to 10pm.
Make A Change Canada was established in 2005 as a national nonprofit and charitable organization that provides employment and skills training to Canadians who face challenges in finding or maintaining employment in today’s labour market. We are accredited (since 2015) through the Imagine Canada Standards Program, one of just over 200 charitable organizations in Canada to have achieved this important standing. Make A Change Canada is exempted from certification under the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB), Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, and is a certified educational institution under Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). This means we are authorized to provide students with T2202A certificates to claim a tuition tax credit. Make A Change Canada has assisted hundreds of individuals in the local community to attain the skills they need to move on to meaningful careers and increased earnings. The net benefit extends to our clients’ families, to local businesses requiring employees with essential technology skills, and to the local economy. Help us celebrate our upcoming 15-year anniversary when we host the Montreal Canadiens Alumni in a charity fundraising game this January 23, 2020. We’ll be celebrating “The Canadian Way of Life!”
Traditional italian style food and atmosphere with excellent service. The pizzas are cooked in our woodfired oven and are pastas are handmade with love. We display fresh baked goods and specialty coffees made from our top quality espresso machine. We have lunch specials to dine in, or call ahead to have your order ready for pick up. We offer delivery services all day and night. Come in for a special occasion dinner or just for a fun night out. We cater for events and can host your event here too, in our restaurant. You’ll never regret our tradition Italian meals at La Dolce Vita!
Sweet and savoury crêpes, delicious French pastries and small cakes, local coffee, organic tea and specialty drinks, all served in a small and quiet environment.
- Commercial /Residential/Industrial/Interior and Exterior/Book a Painter Program/Color Consulting/Patching Drywall/Stucco/Carpentry/Containment and Air Filtration/Spray Painting/High Pressuring Washing/Maintenance Program
Hive Home Inspections provides thorough visual home inspections servicing the entire West Kootenay. Certified home inspector with Consumer Protection BC (License #77889) and an associate member with HIABC, Jacques Laplante complies and strives to exceed HIABC’s Scope of Inspection & Code of Ethics.
The #1 selling electric bike company in the country is Pedego Canada. That’s because we’re more than just a distributor of the best designed electric bicycles on earth — it’s also because we have a lot of fun getting people out of their cars and onto ebikes!
Escape to Africa Safaris leads small and intimate eco-tours hosted by a native Zimbabwean guide with a background in conservation, who focuses on wildlife, and cultural heritage. Guests experience wild Africa and learn about the plight of many endangered species that live within the savannah and woodlands. Luxury tented camps and lodges accommodate the tour in addition to traveling via bush plane, land cruiser and riverboat. The delicate balance of human interaction with nature is placing the most importance on respecting wildlife and viewing species when they allow us to share their space and daily routines.
“Escape to Africa Safaris strives to provide its guests with exceptional experiences and courteous service
embracing the use of professional conduct and morals while respecting nature”
At Escape to Africa Safaris we envision the immersion of individuals into Africa’s natural surroundings that make up vast and integral eco-systems that support some of the most unique species on the planet. Through beautiful and raw interactions and education, we hope that these experiences will help to raise awareness about the plight of endangered species.
It is our intention to open your eyes to an intriguing and stunning continent through authentic experiences in small groups that leave less of a footprint on our natural surroundings. Our commitment to safety and the use of professional partners allows you to rest assure that you can be awe inspired and full of spirit as you engage in adventure and passion for nature. Through thoughtful planning lead by integrity and ethics we truly devote ourselves to making sure your African safari is one of which will grace you a lifelong stream of memories and impact.